1. Low-power photovoltaic controller
The main performance of the low-power photovoltaic controller is as follows:
(1) At present, most of the low-power photovoltaic controllers use low-loss, long-life MOSFET field effect tubes and other electronic switching components as the main switching devices of the controller.
(2) Use pulse width modulation (PWM) control technology to quickly charge and float the battery, so that the solar power generation energy can be fully utilized.
(3) It has single-channel, dual-channel load output and multiple working modes. Its main working modes are: normal on/off working mode (that is, working mode not subject to light control and time control), light control on/time control off working mode. The length of time for the dual load controller to close can be set separately.
(4) It has a variety of protection functions, including battery and solar battery reverse connection, battery open circuit, battery overcharge and overdischarge, load overvoltage, anti-reverse charge at night, controller temperature is too high and other protection functions.
(5) Use the LED indicator to display the working status, charging status, battery power, etc., and through the color change of the LED indicator, display the system working status and the remaining power of the battery.
(6) With temperature compensation function. Its function is to set a more reasonable charging voltage for the battery under different working environment temperatures to prevent the premature decrease of the battery charge and discharge capacity caused by the overcharge and undercharge conditions, or even premature scrapping.
2. Medium power photovoltaic controller
Generally, controllers with a rated load current greater than 15 A are classified as medium power controllers. Its main performance characteristics are as follows:
(1) Use LCD liquid crystal screen to display various important information such as working status and charging and discharging. Such as battery voltage, charging current and discharging current, working mode, system parameters, system status, etc.
(2) With automatic/manual/night functions. It can be programmed to set the load control mode to be automatic or manual. In manual mode, the load can be manually turned on or off; when the night function is selected, the controller turns off the load during the day, and automatically turns on the load after a delay at night, and automatically turns off the load when the timing is up. The delay time and timing time are programmable.
(3) It has multiple protection functions such as battery overcharge, overdischarge, output overload, overvoltage, and high temperature.
(4) With float voltage temperature compensation function.
(5) With fast charging function. When the battery voltage reaches the ideal value, the controller will increase the charging voltage of the battery, start the fast charge countdown program, and enter the fast charge state after the timing is up, in order to achieve the purpose of making full use of solar energy.
(6) The medium-power photovoltaic controller also has ordinary charging and discharging working modes (that is, working modes that are not controlled by light and time), light-controlled on/light-controlled off working modes, and time-controlled on/time-controlled off working modes, etc.
3. High-power photovoltaic controller
The high-power photovoltaic controller adopts a microcomputer chip control system and has the following performance characteristics:
(1) With LCD liquid crystal dot matrix module display, it can be set and adjusted arbitrarily through programming according to different occasions, and the charging and discharging parameters and temperature compensation system, with Chinese operating menus, which are convenient for users to adjust.
(2) It can be adapted to the special requirements of different occasions to avoid the oscillation caused by the simultaneous opening and judgment of the charging switches of all channels.
(3) The charging status of each photovoltaic and the on-off status of the load can be displayed through the LED indicator.
(4) There are 1 to 18 solar battery input control circuits, the control circuit is completely isolated from the main circuit, and it has a very high anti-interference ability.
(5) It has the power accumulation function, which can display the battery voltage, load current, charging current, photovoltaic current, battery temperature, cumulative photovoltaic power generation (unit: A·h or W·h), cumulative load power consumption (unit: W·h) and other parameters in real time.
(6) With historical data statistics display function, such as overcharge times, overdischarge times, short circuit times, etc.
(7) The user can set the on-off state of the load when the battery is overcharged and over-discharged.
(8) Each charging voltage detection has a “hysteresis” control function, which can prevent the switching device from entering the oscillation state.
(9) It has a series of alarm and protection functions such as battery overcharge, overdischarge, output overload, short circuit, surge, solar battery connection or short circuit, battery connection, night anti-reverse charging, etc.
(10) According to system requirements, passive dry nodes required for generator or backup power starting circuit can be provided.
(11) Equipped with RS232/485 interface, which is convenient for remote control. The PC monitoring software can measure real-time data, display alarm information, modify control parameters, and read historical data such as the highest battery voltage, the lowest battery voltage, the accumulation of photovoltaic power generation and the accumulation of load power consumption within 30 days.
(12) The parameter setting has a password protection function, and the user can modify the password.
(13) It has protection and alarm functions such as overvoltage, undervoltage, overload, and short circuit. It has multiple passive output alarm or control contacts, including battery overcharge, battery overdischarge, start-up control of other power generation equipment, load disconnection, controller failure, flooding alarm, etc.
(14) The working mode can be divided into ordinary charging and discharging working mode (step-by-step current limiting mode) and one-point charging and discharging mode (PWM working mode) for selection and setting. The one-point charging and discharging mode is divided into four charging stages, the control is more precise, the battery is better protected from overcharging, and the solar energy is fully utilized.
(15) It has the function of real-time clock without power failure, which can display and set the clock.
(16) With lightning protection function and temperature compensation function.